Last Updated: February 28, 2014
Collection of Information
Information You Provide to Us
We collect information you provide directly to us. For example, we collect information when you create an account, fill out a form, request information or samples, make a purchase, participate in a contest or promotion, communicate with us via third party social media sites, request customer support or otherwise communicate with us. The types of information we may collect include your name, email address, postal address, phone number, fax number, credit card information, company, job title, and other information you choose to provide.
Information We Collect Automatically When You Use the Services
When you access or use our Services, we automatically collect information about you, including:
• Log Information: We log information about your use of the Services, including the type of browser you use, access times, pages viewed, your IP address and the page you visited before navigating to our Services.
• Device Information: We collect information about the computer or mobile device you use to access our Services, including the hardware model, operating system and version.
• Information Collected by Cookies and Other Tracking Technologies: We use various technologies to collect information, and this may include sending cookies to your computer or mobile device. Cookies are small data files stored on your hard drive or in device memory that helps us to improve our Services and your experience, see which areas and features of our Services are popular and count visits. We may also collect information using web beacons (also known as “tracking pixels”). Web beacons are electronic images that may be used in our Services or emails and help deliver cookies, count visits, understand usage and campaign effectiveness and determine whether an email has been opened and acted upon. For more information about cookies, and how to disable them, please see “Your Choices” below.
Information We Collect From Other Sources
We may also obtain information from other sources and combine that with information we collect through our Services. For example, we may collect information about you from third parties, including but not limited to vendors, trade shows, dealers, lead generators, credit bureaus, mailing list providers and publicly available sources..
Use of Information
We may use information about you for various purposes, including to:
• Provide, maintain and improve our Services;
• Provide and deliver the samples, products and services you request, process transactions and send you related information, including confirmations and invoices,
• Send you technical notices, updates, security alerts and support and administrative messages;
• Respond to your comments, questions and requests and provide customer service;
• Communicate with you about products, services, offers, promotions, rewards, and events offered by Bentley Mills and others, and provide news and information we think will be of interest to you;
• Monitor and analyze trends, usage and activities in connection with our Services;
• Personalize and improve the Services and provide advertisements, content or features that match user profiles or interests;
• Process and deliver contest entries and rewards;
• Link or combine with information we get from others to help understand your needs and provide you with better service; and
• Carry out any other purpose for which the information was collected.
Bentley Mills is based in the United States and the information we collect is governed by U.S. law. By accessing or using the Services or otherwise providing information to us, you consent to the processing and transfer of information in and to the U.S. and other countries.
Sharing of Information
• With vendors, consultants and other service providers who need access to such information to carry out work on our behalf;
• With our independent sales representatives and dealers;
• In response to a request for information if we believe disclosure is in accordance with any applicable law, regulation or legal process, or as otherwise required by any applicable law, rule or regulation;
• If we believe your actions are inconsistent with the spirit or language of our user agreements or policies, or to protect the rights, property and safety of Bentley Mills or others;
• In connection with, or during negotiations of, any merger, sale of company assets, financing or acquisition of all or a portion of our business to another company; and
• With your consent or at your direction, including if we notify you through our Services that the information you provide will be shared in a particular manner and you provide such information.
We may also share aggregated or anonymized information that does not directly identify you.
Social Sharing Features
The Services may offer social sharing features and other integrated tools (such as the Facebook “Like” button), which let you share actions you take on our Services with other media, and vice versa. The use of such features enables the sharing of information with your friends or the public, depending on the settings you establish with the entity that provides the social sharing feature. For more information about the purpose and scope of data collection and processing in connection with social sharing features, please visit the privacy policies of the entities that provide these features.
Analytics Services Provided by Others
Bentley Mills takes reasonable measures to help protect information about you from loss, theft, misuse and unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration and destruction.
Most web browsers are set to accept cookies by default. If you prefer, you can usually choose to set your browser to remove or reject browser cookies. Please note that if you choose to remove or reject cookies, this could affect the availability and functionality of our Services.
You may opt out of receiving promotional emails from Bentley Mills by following the instructions in those emails . If you opt out, we may still send you non-promotional communications, such as those about your account or our ongoing business relations.
Your California Privacy Rights
California law permits residents of California to request certain details about how their information is shared with third parties for direct marketing purposes. If you are a California resident and would like to make such a request, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or 800-423-4709.